Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Sidekicks- Sam 7"



Saturday night lock-in's are rad. But so is the Sidekicks 7incher Sam. First off I can't really remember how I got my hands on this, like most 7" but looking back I feel a friend of mine suggested it to me saying its the best of the Sidekicks stuff. He wasn't kidding. This 7" is really uplifting along with how its pretty fast paced in keeping your interest, and shows a reason why people flipped out about this like Against Me! in 2001 after Reinventing Axl Rose. Okay mabye not to that extent. But a lot of people digged this so it must be good right? Well if you can't take everyones word this album was able to put me back into place with my head back on again. Well enough with sentimental value, the lyrical value is awesome and is pretty honest and passionate which is always a plus. Like the opening song Hop on a Sea Cow and Manatee Up in the last part he say's " I can make reasons for my unreasonable sureness/ I can make predesigned phrases sound so earnest", I think is a really cool line and not just because I was able to write it down here, so eat it unseen panel of hipster judges. The Sidekicks are an Ohio based band but will be touring around the West Coast with Tigers Jaw and are currently touring around the East Coast, Hopefully hitting up D.C., But this band will remind you of Latterman (or Shorebirds a.k.a. Latterman pt.2), O Pioneers! and mabye a lil bit of Cheap Girls. But thats just me. Give them a spin and a gander, they got 2 other albums out so have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment