Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer Mix




So I just started getting back into trying to see more shows in my area so with this I kinda haven't been around to update anything. At all. So I thought I would do a post on some of the bands I've been listening to lately. First off I feel kinda lame for not getting the new Good Luck ep sooner, kinda feel like the last one to have heard of there release(especially its a pay what you want release). But Good Luck is a really awesome band from Bloomington,Indiana that plays really happy pop punk that normally will at least make you smirk the first time you give them a listen. Or at least that happened to me. I won't guarantee it. Point is though these guys play real happy music that is really addicting to listen to, and pretty honest in its lyrics. Along with the pop punk binge I have been on I was able to see Lemuria last Thursday. That was a good show. Along with Lemuria I got to see some local DCHC bands such as Sick Fix, Isla, and Transgression which was a tight show. Too bad the fire marshall shut it down and Torche had to be moved else where. Anyways, Lemuria is an Indie/Punk/ Powerpop band (says myspace) that has recently been gaining attention for these kids just got signed onto Bridge 9 records. This band hails from Buffalo New York and will be touring alot this summer with bands like Polar Bear Club, the Carrier, Cloak/Dagger, and Moving mountains. They're a tight heart felt band thats got plenty of catchy tunes. Also the new Max Levine Ensemble ep came out, which really wasn't that new at all since it turns out I had the tape all along and never put two and two together.

1 comment:

  1. hey donny i really like good luck. i just checked them out on myspace. theyre not commin to dc in a while though but when they do i definitely want to. youre welcome to join. so is sean or any of the other kids. anyway i probably would never had checked them out otherwise, so thanks

    ReplyDelete